Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kindle Touch 3G


This year Zemanta gave all its employees Kindles as a Christmas bonus. This blog post is all about the Kindle and my review of it.

Starting with usability as a reader this thing works great there is a bit of jarring when swiping to the following pages as it’s not like a tablet where the transitions are smooth from one page to the next but it serves its purpose quite well. The screen itself it very easy to read except in very low light as the screen is not backlit. Figuring out how to use the Kindle is very easy as well no need to look over the instruction manual almost self-explanatory.
User Experience Design: 9.5 out of 10

Energizer Bunny
Next I want to talk about battery life. Wow this little device lasts and lasts. It’s like the energizer bunny on steroids. Using the kindle every day as reader only, the battery lasts about a week without being plugged in. When you think most cell phones don’t last a whole day this is quite a leap forward. There’s no contest with any other device I have seen on the market today.
Battery Life: 10 out of 10 


Getting FREE 3G for life on the Kindle helps with the selling point. However you cannot surf the web, you must be connected to WiFi to do that. I’m not totally sure what else you would use the free 3G for perhaps to download your books which should be free anyway. Maybe there will something else I can use it for we’ll just have to see. One helpful feature that is most useful is the MP3 player as it’s nice to carry your favorite tunes with you while you read your favorite book.
Features: 8.0 out of 10 

Using the 3G I haven’t run into any problems with it not connecting or searching for a signal. Almost everywhere I go I always have a strong signal.
Connection Stability 9.9 out of 10

The price tag on the Kindle is very reasonable. For the model I have, Kindle Touch, the base price is $149. When you consider the free 3G to the package you can see the value add. If my company didn’t get this for us I would have probably picked one up one way or another.
Price Tag: 9.5 out of 10
Overall Rating: 9.38 out of 10 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment